Digital marketing, also known as online marketing, is an important advertising strategy that business use to communicate a particular message. As consumers continue their move to online shopping, it’s essential that a business invest in digital marketing, as opposed to traditional marketing.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing an umbrella term that describes a number of digital techniques used to sell products or services. There are so many innovative ways to advertise online that businesses can get really inventive with the way they reach out to customers.
A few techniques used in digital marketing include: SEO, social media marketing, analytics, content creation, email automation, display advertising, e-books, affiliate marketing, white papers, and infographics.
Traditional marketing, such as television, newspapers, radio, flyers, billboards and ads in magazines, can be limiting. Digital marketing opens your business up to the whole world.
Why do you need digital marketing?
- You will attract more customers with online exposure.
- You can interact authentically and more easily with your audience, which results in higher engagement.
- You’re able to control your own message and encourage brand development.
- Marketing results are more accurate and timely and simple to measure. You have access to real-time results which clue you in to your number of visitors, most active time of day, best posts, etc. You can analyze these results much easier than in traditional advertising.
- With written content, or even a simple email newsletter, you can provide customers with extra value.
- Digital marketing creates a level playing field for all businesses. Any business has access to free social media.
- Digital marketing is cost efficient. Using social media, a business can spread its brand’s message for practically free.